☆ On May 19, 2021, the Government of Japan announced to add 7 countries/regions (Cambodia, Sri Lanka, Seychelles, Saint Lucia, Thailand, East Timor and Mongolia) to the denial of landing list. Foreign nationals entering Japan with re-entry permit (including a special re-entry permit) from Sri Lanka will also be subject to denial of landing. Please check the latest information regarding this topic.
【Official announcements from related Ministries】
Ministry of Justice（Immigration Service Agency）
Regarding denial of landing to prevent the spread of COVID-19
(novel Coronavirus) as of May 19, 2021
⇒Long-medium term residents with Resident Card returning back from India, Pakistan, Nepal, Bangladesh, Maldives and Sri Lanka within 14 days before arrival are subject of denial of landing. If you are planning to stay in Japan for a long term, it is highly recommended not to travel to these countries/ regions for the time being.
- Certificate of Testing for COVID-19 as of April 22, 2021
Ministry of Foreigh Affairs
- Border enforcement measures to prevent the spread of novel coronavirus (COVID-19) as of May 19, 2021
- Phased Measures for Resuming Cross-Border Travel as of May 12, 2021
- Application for Visa for foreign nationals eligible for Phased Measures toward Resuming Cross-Border Travel as of May 11, 2021
Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare
- Submission of Inspection Certificate as of April 13, 2021
- Requirements for Certificate of Testing for Entering Japan as of April 16, 2021
- Certificate of Testing for COVID-19
- 水際対策の抜本的強化に関するQ＆A（Border enforcement measures Q＆A） ←available in Japanese only
●Regarding refusal of landing
MOJ Immigration Service Agency, Immigration Department, Adjudication Division
TEL：03-3580-4111(ext. 4446/ 4447）
●Regarding the issuance of entry visa
MOFA visa Information
TEL：0570-011000 (pls press "5" after the audio guidance)
+81-3-5363-3013 is also available for international call.
●Regarding 14 days Quarantine and other prevention measures
MHLW Telephone consultation center
TEL：0120-565653 (Chinese, Spanish, Portuguese, Vietnamese, Korean, Thai and English available)
+81-3-3595-2176 is also available for international call (Chinese, Korean and English available).
MHLW Industrial Safety and Health Department 食品安全企画課 検疫所業務管理室
TEL: 03-5253-1111(ext. 2468）