FAQs · 15/02/2020
A foreign national residing in Japan who wish to flight out from Japan and return back within the period of stay granted under his/ her current Status of Residence has to hold a valid re-entry permit. In case if this re-entry permit expires, his/ her current Status of Residence will lapse. Special re-entry system allows foreign nationals who are staying in Japan with the status of residence and possess a valid passport to re-enter Japan without applying for re-entry permit at the Immigration...

FAQs · 09/02/2020
The question "Can I come back with my current status of residence?" is a big concern for medium and long-term Status of Residence holders residing in Japan. Here are what you CAN and you CANNOT do with your "Re-entry" so please check it before heading to the airport.